Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border not displayed for Section on page

Tony Piazza June 27, 2013

I have inserted a Section block on my wiki page and selected the option to display a border (border=true). When the page is rendered no border is displayed. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tony

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Did you put columns inside the section? As I understand it the section is just a container for a column structure. When I use a section with columns it shows the border.

Tony Piazza July 17, 2013

That solved the problem. It wasn't obvious that you need a column inside a section in order to have borders displayed.

Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

It may be that there is some CSS that is impinging on this setting. Do you have some CSS on the page hiding table borders? That would apply to this. If you've done something to the color scheme, it could e that the borders are there, but you just don't see them.

If you don't have anything like that, I would use Firebug (or the similar functionality built into Chrome) to look at the element and see what is wrong. Most likely, there's some CSS somewhere that is impinging on your setting.

Tony Piazza July 11, 2013

I used Firebug to inspect the generated markup and the section is contained inside a paragraph (<p>) tag. That is not what I expected to find and explains why the border is not showing up.

Can someone at Atlassian tell me if that is correct behavior?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events