It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Blueprint Index in Confluence not generating Edited

Hi,

I am working with Confluence and putting together spaces for a number of teams.

The problem I have is that when creating a new Page from a Template i.e. meeting notes, I would like to have the Index page generated. 

The confluence documentation states the following:

"The first time a blueprint is used in a space, Confluence creates an index page and adds a shortcut to your sidebar (if you're using the default theme). The index displays a list of pages made with the blueprint, and information selected from your blueprint pages."

However,  when I choose the Meeting Notes blueprint/template and use it for the first time in my space, I am not getting the Index page. I am just getting a meeting notes page. 

For example:

image.png

However if i use a different template, say for Product Launch, I do get the "Index" page:

image.png 

Any ideas as to why this is happening? 

Can I generate the Index page in some other way?

Thanks.

2 answers

I have found the solution (kind of) but I still do not understand why some Templates generate the index page and others do not.

Index page is composed of three macros:

Create from Template Macro

Task Report Macro

Content Report Table Macro

So you can make a blank page, add in these 3 macros (configure them correctly) and you're set. 

If there is any other solution interested to hear it! 

A year and a half later and this bug still haven't been dealt with by Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

294 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you