Blog posts macro doesn't display image in excerpts mode Edited

We have a space called Company with a blog posts macro which agregates all blog posts from all spaces.

If i select content type to display "excerpts" it doesn't display images that are within the blog posts - it only shows the image url.

This happens for blog posts from other spaces. Images are displayed only when the blog post is within the same space as the page with the blog posts macro.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello!

This behavior is expected, as reported in CONFSERVER-23752. Have a look at the following feedback from our developer:

We believe that an excerpt is essentially a short text only sample that provides the user a sense of what is on the page. It should not contain any images or styling.

When someone inserts a blog posts macro with the "excerpts" parameter, it should:

1. in the absence of any excerpt macros on the page, provide a text only summary of text on the un-rendered version of page, starting from the beginning (which it is currently doing)
  2. in the presence of an excerpt macro, provide a text only summary of the body of the excerpt macro (which is is not currently doing)

Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Ah ok, thx Shannon.

Too bad, a kind of preview like when u post a link in facebook would be great.

But what I really miss is filtering out the URLs of image which making no sence at all in a post, even it's an excerpt. IMHO :)

Yes, the ability to exclude the URL text from the excerpt would be great. I understand not including the image, but if the macro encounters an "http", it would be nice to exclude that string from the excerpt. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

466 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you