Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank error message when removing labels in Confluence

Sandra Leong July 16, 2013

Hello

Having an odd issue where I am unable to remove labels from Confluence... it doesn't tell me much other than "error" - a per below image.

We are using Confluence 5.1.3, on-premise.

Conf - Blank Error Message

6 answers

1 vote
Evgeniy Bezgodov September 11, 2015

Fixed. The DELETE HTTP-method should be allowed on the web server.

Medallia IT November 12, 2015

Hi Evgeniy, For those of us not familiar, how do you do that?

0 votes
Krawal Modular March 15, 2016

We have the same problem when trying to delete a label on our Confluence.

We are running Confluence behind an Apache proxy. This seems to cause the problem, in a Confluence installation that does not run behind a proxy deletion of labels works well.

Unfortunately we need to run Confluence behind the Apache and run out of ideas what could be the problem with out Apache and/or Confluence configuration

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with our configuration or what we can try to solve this problem?

HTTP_DELETE is active on the server and the problem can be reproduced also in plugin safe mode.

0 votes
Michael Schulz November 27, 2015

For Apache this needs WebDAV. Is this really needed to delete a label?

0 votes
Evgeniy Bezgodov September 10, 2015

We have the same problem with Confluence 5.8.5 and MySQL.

0 votes
Jurriaan van Reijsen November 19, 2014

Hi,

I can reproduce this issue on Confluence 5.6.4. We have a typical server implementation with only a few plugins installed (e.g. RefinedWiki). The error message we see are identical to the one reported in this thread.

Some other details:

• We recently updates from 5.1.x to 5.6.4
  • We migrated from a MySQL to MSSQL database
  • We migrated from one server to another

Before the above changes, labels could be deleted just fine. The issue is occurring since we performed the above steps.

Hope this helps for someone to raise any thoughts about what might cause this issue to occur.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

I'm unable to reproduce the same problem in a local Confluence 5.1.3. Is this issue happening only to a specific page or affecting all other pages that consists labels? You can try to create a new test space, add a page and see if the same problem is reproducible or otherwise.

It's best to check <confluence-home>/logs for any stack trace. Also, try to clear any customization and enable Plugin Safe Mode and check again.

Wiki Team October 25, 2013

HI After enabling Plugin safe mode also we are seeing same issue, we cant delete lables .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events