Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billable number of users for confluence apps services

Vratislav Havlik August 8, 2022

Lets say I wanted to see users/group/pages dashboards, therefore I wanted to use 

SQL for Confluence (Pro Edition).

In pricing, I can see that is is billed by number of users. SQL will be used by admins only, therefore only 3 people. But the whole confluence contains over 50 users. So I ask how is it billed - all confluence users, while some can read only specific pages or us 3 admins?

thanks a lot.

Kind regards

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Vratislav Havlik and welcome to the community.

The app pricing is based on the host application. I'm quoting the official Marketplace App Licensing FAQ:

Purchase the license tier that matches the number of users you have licensed for your host product. For example, if you have a 25-user Confluence license, purchase the Confluence app at the 25-user tier. The app will only function if its license matches or exceeds the tier of the host product – even if only some of your licensed users need to use the app.

For Jira, you must purchase the app license that matches the highest Jira application tier. For example, if you have a 500-User Jira Software license, and a 20-Agent Jira Service Management license, your Jira apps must be at the 500-User level. 

So in your case, you will have to pay for 50 users. 

Best,

Max

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events