Better message for database connection error?

Phillip Jones February 2, 2016

Right now, if the database connection is down, the we get a big red error message. Is there a way to give a more specific error message using a template?

If I can connect to a database, then I would just like to display "Up and Available" and if I cannot connect to a database, then display "The database is not currently available"

6 answers

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

Hi Phillip,

Sorry, I forgot to write the instructions. With the provided version, please try to hide the default error message and print your own instead if the result stays empty. It should work like this in your template:

<style>
.pocketquery-view-container > .aui-message.error { display: none; }
</style>

#if (!$result)
	THERE WAS AN ERROR
#else
	# your template
#end

Please let me know if this works!

Regards, Felix (Scandio)

0 votes
pjones1013 April 22, 2016

I just installed it. Is the feature mentioned in the original question available in this version? If so, how do I enable it?

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

Hi Phillip,

I know, we're in a intense delay with version 2.1 - sorry! Feel free to check out an early access version. We'd be happy about any feedback!

Regards, Felix (Scandio)

0 votes
pjones1013 April 21, 2016

Felix, is there any update to when 2.1 will be released for this? We are currently on 2.0.7, the latest as of writing this.

0 votes
Phillip Jones February 3, 2016

Thank you!

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2016

Hi Phillip, the issue is that currently custom templates are only rendered if there were no errors before. This is actually the first use-case in which this would be better otherwise. We'll release PocketQuery 2.1 this February and we'll provide an improvement for you with that version. We'll let you know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events