Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better logging for Confluence 5.x LDAP connections?

Deleted user June 16, 2014

Hello everyone,

I have a Confluence that stopped syncing with an external LDAP. I searched the logfiles but I need more details. Does anyone knows if there are packages/classes that I can add to the logging & profile page (/admin/viewlog4j.action) and set them to DEBUG?

I saw an article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Debugging+LDAP+Connection+Propertiesbut I am unsure if this article resolves my problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

Hello Peter,

As far as I know, confluence can enable two packages for user management issues such as:

com.atlassian.user
com.atlassian.confluence.user
This is better explained in this page as well. I hope this helps!
Cheers
Rodrigo
Deleted user June 16, 2014

Hello Rodrigo,

the both classes are set in the profiling and debugging page by default. to INFO. The last days I already switched them to debug when I switched the profile into diagnostic mode, but there is no additional output in the atlassian-confluence.log

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

Hi Peter,

I was investigating a bit more abour LDAP logging and I believe there are some extra classes you may want to add in confluence UI:

com.atlassian.crowd.directory
com.atlassian.crowd.embedded

Add these classes and make them use DEBUG. The crowd embedded is the one that handles the LDAP and other external connections so it should be showing any error related to them and confluence.

Note that restarting confluence will reset and remove these classes.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Deleted user June 17, 2014

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try this and will report the results.

Best regards, Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events