Better logging for Confluence 5.x LDAP connections?

Hello everyone,

I have a Confluence that stopped syncing with an external LDAP. I searched the logfiles but I need more details. Does anyone knows if there are packages/classes that I can add to the logging & profile page (/admin/viewlog4j.action) and set them to DEBUG?

I saw an article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Debugging+LDAP+Connection+Propertiesbut I am unsure if this article resolves my problem.

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Peter,

As far as I know, confluence can enable two packages for user management issues such as:

com.atlassian.user
com.atlassian.confluence.user
This is better explained in this page as well. I hope this helps!
Cheers
Rodrigo

Hello Rodrigo,

the both classes are set in the profiling and debugging page by default. to INFO. The last days I already switched them to debug when I switched the profile into diagnostic mode, but there is no additional output in the atlassian-confluence.log

Hi Peter,

I was investigating a bit more abour LDAP logging and I believe there are some extra classes you may want to add in confluence UI:

com.atlassian.crowd.directory
com.atlassian.crowd.embedded

Add these classes and make them use DEBUG. The crowd embedded is the one that handles the LDAP and other external connections so it should be showing any error related to them and confluence.

Note that restarting confluence will reset and remove these classes.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try this and will report the results.

Best regards, Peter

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

1,013 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you