Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to present / sell Confluence to team members?

Bristow September 8, 2014

I have to give a presentation to my wider team promoting the benefits of Confluence.

Off the bat I can give an informative (boring) presentation on the benefits over our current setup. Which is the usual suite of office applications using SharePoint. We can find things easier through searching, version history easier to view, linking is easier etc.

I could also go through inputting some content examples but that isn't exactly riveting either.. 

I was thinking I could do some sort of staged tasks with audience participation. Such as race to see how can find a document/piece of information quicker on SharePoint or Confluence..

Does anyone have any better ideas?

I take note that this question maybe deleted as it isn't specifically to do with confluence functionality.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

This is how I have achieved this in multiple teams.

1. Setup a Confluence server if you do not have any (get your IT help to get this done)
  2. Make sure you start writing enough content about all the learning that you make in your role
  3. Find a couple of people who are able to understand the need for knowledge sharing and encourage them to like/comment your pages and add new to their personal spaces
  4. This will start a slow process where the information will spread
  5. The recommended updates that comes weekly will usually show your pages since you are contributing more. The visibility is high which then puts the focus on others to also contribute.
  6. And in most cases, in any decent sized teams, it takes somewhere around six months to get a decent amount of people contributing.
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Use the Share by email feature when you have news to share with your team, so they log in from time to time.

0 votes
Bristow September 22, 2014

I think my question may have taken people down the wrong path, although the answer above is great how to spread Confluence in a team. I was specifically looking for presentation material I could use to present it to my wider team. 

Such as https://www.atlassian.com/why-wiki-collaboration-software

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events