Best way to give constructive feedback on Confluence Cloud's new editor?

Maxwell Spangler December 7, 2019

I'm a long time Confluence on-premises user who happily used the product daily at my former job.

Now I'm trying out Cloud Confluence and I'm struggling with non-intuitive changes from the previous user interface.

Whats the best way to constructively work with Atlassian to say: please change <this>?

For those in my position who happily used the past product and are now trying to use the new product, having features drastically changed, removed or features operating faulty seems like a really dangerous place for an established company.  It creates a huge opportunity for users to discard the trust we've had in a platform and explore other options: negating the brand and all its past hard work.

I just asked another question and prior to doing so tried to search for answers and received a haystack that mixed Confluence Cloud and Confluence [normal] results together.  This is a huge time sink that doesn't help users, so it again creates an opportunity for us to just find another product.

I figured I'd be constructive and ask here because I'd be happy to help provide feedback.

THANKS

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hello Maxwell, 

It can be challenging going from the old to the new editor (as someone who supports both deployments and switches daily, I can tell I totally understand :) )
there is a documentation page that underlines all changes that have been implemented in the new editor for Confluence. https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html

At the bottom of this documentation page you will also see where the feedback button is located on any Confluence page in edit mode (using the new editor), which is colled and addressed by our product team.

If you have a feature request you can also raise it in our public tracker in this project : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-11740?jql=project%20%3D%20CONFCLOUD%20AND%20type%20%3D%20Suggestion%20AND%20statusCategory%20!%3D%20Done%20ORDER%20BY%20Updated 

Hope it helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events