Best practice for migrating to a new URL?

Deborah Cross February 7, 2016

We've got Confluence, JIRA and JIRA Service Desk on cloud.

We need a new URL due to company rebrand. I know we have to do this via migration to a new instance and I've read the guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Changing+the+Cloud+Instance+URL+Address+or+Migrating+to+a+New+Cloud+Instance

I don't want to miss anything, and I already have questions after reading the guide:

1. Can Service Desk also be migrated following the instructions under JIRA + Confluence Instances in the link above?
  2. Can we also migrate people/user/customer/account information?
  3. Does the confluence space export/import include personal tasks?
  4. What do I need to watch out for? What's going to be missing once we move to the new URL? What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks for your help everyone smile 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deborah Cross February 8, 2016

Just in case anyone else is interested, very prompt and helpful response from Atlassian was:

Hi Deborah,

Can Service Desk also be migrated following the instructions under JIRA + Confluence Instances in the link above?

Yes. JIRA Service Desk will be migrated with the steps to migrate JIRA.

Can we also migrate people/user/customer/account information?

Yes, all users and its information would be retained with the migration.

Does the confluence space export/import include personal tasks?

Yes, this includes personal tasks.

What do I need to watch out for? What's going to be missing once we move to the new URL? What's the best way to go about this?

The steps should be comprehensive to ensure you don't lose any data, but we typically advise customers to do some dry runs before the actual migration date in case of any hiccups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events