As a system and space admin, I am involved in determining our policies for disabling versus deleting users in Confluence. Right now we are not integrated with JIRA, but at some point we may do so. I've read through the basic guidelines about the pluses and minuses to deleting users. Does anyone have any feedback regarding deletion, such as:
1. Do you immediately disable anyone who is not eligible for rehire?
2. For other users, do you disable for a period of time (e.g., 6 months, a year) and then delete the user if they do not return to the company after that time period?
3. Do you have a policy to never delete users (or never delete users that are eligible for rehire)?
4. If your policy is only to disable users, have you run into any problems with the user list getting too long to be manageable? If so, did you find a way to deal with that situation?
Of course our managers will have input to our policy, but I want to present the answers to these questions as part of our discussion.
1. Yes, but we disable the user in our AD
If you plan to have more than two applications and/ or more than 10 users think about adding an Active Directory or LDAP server to your environment. Otherwise there will be the issue that you forget to disable someone somewhere...
2. / 3. Deleting a user is done after a year or (GDPR) if the user requests this. This relates to "Unknown user" entries in pages & comments. There are tools allowing to anonymize all user entries, if someone leaves the company.
4. AFAIK disabled users are not shown in user lists & cannot be mentioned or used for sharing pages.
Disabled users do not count toward your license count.
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events