cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batching email notifications for Confluence

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

Hi, All!

are there any solutions for Confluence?

For Jira have Batching email notifications. But we need this solution for Confluence. 

maybe have existing addon?

any solution who can stop this spam = )

p.s. Confluence Server

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

Hi Denis

What version of Confluence are you using?

Confluence has also got out-of-the-box batching notification features and can be configured as described here

Batching window: System Administrators can change the batching window for changes and comments on the same page or blog post in the Send batched notifications scheduled job. Increase the time for fewer emails or reduce the time if more immediate notifications are essential in your site.

Kind Regards

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

Hi Jack!

my conf 6.15.7

yeah. i looked this article.

but I did not understand how to use this option. and found this setting in the scheduler. and I did not understand what needs to be set there.

now it looks like this (screen)
but we still get a bunch of ungrouped emails

2019-08-08_22-59-06.png

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

Hi,

Basically your current configuration batch notifications for 10 minutes. You should increase the time for example:

to: 0 0/30 * 1/1 * ? *

Proposed configuration batched notifications for 30 minutes.

Note that Confluence only batches changes and comments on the same page or blog post. That's it if you watch 3 different pages and all of them have been edited multiple times on the same time period, you will receive at least one email for each page and not a single email with a resume of the changes made in all the pages pages.

Kind Regards

Like Denis Shestov likes this
Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2019

Thank you, Jack!

I'll try!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events