Banner in a space - centering text

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

Evening all,

I've just discovered how to create a banner for a space, which is brilliant I have to say, because now I can make announcements about Confluence and no one can say they haven't seen them! :)

I've read the Atlassian docs on this and the wiki markup info, but I can't see how to centre the text on the page. At the moment it's all left justified.

So is this possible and if so, how? An example would be great. I've tried everything I can think of but have run out of options.

Cheers.

6 answers

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

Davin,

Yes, I've checked all that and we do. I tried to use it in my early experiments but it didn't work.

Cheers.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

If you have the center macro then you must already have the Content Formatting Macros cause there isn't one that comes with Confluence by default ... that I know of. :)

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

I am so dumb at times, here's the answer. Use the following:

{center}some text here{center}

I'm dumb because I already had the following in the code:

{color:red}*You have been warned!*{color}

So the curly brackets should have been a bit of a clue earlier! :)

Thanks, have a good weekend.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

Davin,

Thanks for the tips, I've had a look but I don't think they are suitable. Partly at least because one of them seems to work site-wide and I'm want to do this for each space seperately.

Cheers.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

An easy option would be to get the free version of the Content Formatting Macros and use the center macro. For the banner another thought, if you haven't already found it, is the Public Announcement Service.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

PS, does anyone know how to change the banner's default colour? At the moment it's yellow, which isn't bad, but it's a bit insipid. I'd like to make it a little bolder.

Thanks in advance. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events