Balsamiq mockup lost

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

One of my users found a way to lose a mockup created in Balsamiq from Confluence and I do not see it in the trash in that Confluence space. It makes sense that it is not there, but is there a similar trash associated with my Balsamiq instance? Not sure it's worth a help ticket to Atlassian. Is there UI I can, as an Atlassian admin in the cloud, access to get at it? Here are repro steps to watch out for gang.

1. From a confluence space at a defined point in the tree, tap the create>UI mockups button at the top.
  2. Create and save the mockups in balsamiq's runtime...working for several hours.
  3. When done, tap the Close button to return to Confluence.
  4. The assets are present on a new page.
  5. Instead of giving the new page a title and tapping the Save button, tap the Close button.
    //No UI feedback. The entire content is gone.

1 answer

0 votes
Virgin Pereira November 17, 2015

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the hassle with this.

The good news is that his mockup should actually be saved.

Please have him look in his user profile under the drafts section (https://<yourserver>/wiki/users/viewmydrafts.action) and see if the page with his mockup is there. He can click on it, name the page, and then save it (which was the action missing as you mentioned).

Hope this helps! Please let us know if need any further assistance with this.

- Virgin from Balsamiq

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

I forgot to include above that we also looked in his Drafts folder on Confluence yesterday and it was not there either. I checked again just now on his machine and it is still not there. I am able to repro the above steps for myself and do not get anything saved to drafts. Our Cloud instance has 2.3.6 of Balsamiq Mockups, and 18 modules are enabled, and our license is current.

Virgin Pereira November 19, 2015

Thanks for the clarification, Paul We are having trouble reproducing it on our own cloud server, so I wonder if there is something up on Atlassian's end? Our end of the chain stops once the macro has been attached to the draft, everything beyond that is handled by the server. Hopefully Atlasssian's support will be able to shed some light on why the page isn't being saved to your drafts. I'm sorry again for the obvious hassle this is causing you and your team, Paul. If you can, keep us in the loop (support@balsamiq.com). We want to make sure this gets resolved.

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

10 4. Thanks much for your prompt replies. I should probably create an Atlassian support ticket for this...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events