Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup path specified does not exist - Except it does...

Ian Sullivan October 17, 2013

I've enabled custom backup location for our tial confluence install and i'm trying to set it to backup to a mapped network drive on U:\

However confluence complains that the 'Backup path specified does not exist.' Any ideas?

Update: Can't reply as I don't have karma :(

All the permissions looked fine there wasn't really anything useful in the logs - however it seems happy to accept the UNC path to the share. Odd, but it's fixed at least.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

You can get this error if the user running confluence can see, but not write to, the directory/drive that it is pointed to. Check the permissions allow it full control of the target directory.

Ian Sullivan October 17, 2013

That sounds reasonable - i've just changed the atlassian confluence server - and the drive ampping to use my admin account and restarted confluence but no joy still. Is there something i've missed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

Permissions are always worth checking first! :-)

Could you check the application logs to see if there is any more information on the error in them? It might have an error code or more detail on what the OS is telling it about the directories.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events