Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Avoid "Unpublished Changes" on making an empty update

Hi.

Clicking on Edit and Close, with no change causes "Unpublished Changes" shown below the title. I don't change anything, and the Page History doesn't have the diff. I cannot remove the message without any actual change, even while it is not required.

How to avoid such a situation?

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Apr 02, 2022

Hi @Ryota Hashimoto 

Even though you don't change anything, when you click on edit the draft will be created out of the previous saved page.

It's on your consent either the page version can be removed or published, if you are publishing the page you need to make sure the changes are present when you publish the page.

Thanks

>you need to make sure the changes are present when you publish the page.

I am afraid that regardless the change exists or not, the page says there are "Unpublished Changes" and I could not find the way to delete the draft.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

1,032 views 18 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you