Avoid Rendering Decimals and Minus Sign as List?

Jimmy Lin December 17, 2019

Hi recently when I tried to copy and paste data into tables in the new Confluence pages, I noticed that numbers with the following patterns will always be rendered into list:

* Decimals with leading integer less than 10 (e.g. 8.7 will be rendered as 1. 7)

* Numbers with a minus sign (e.g. -38.89% will be rendered as * 38.89%)

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 10.13.15 AM.png(Notice the cells with " 1. 00" and "* 4.00")

I have tried pasting both formatted and unformatted data and both ways failed to prevent this behavior.

Although I can imagine that such conversion is helpful for some users, I would appreciate if there is a way to avoid it as I believe that many users use Confluence tables to document pure numbers and that having to manually convert these lists back to numbers will likely drive some of them crazy.

2 answers

0 votes
Dario September 3, 2020

Is there another workaround for this issue? It's very easy to miss a cell and other viewers that don't know the issue might be confused and interprete the data incorrectly.

How about converting the minus sign to a list when there is actually a list of atleast two items? It should be fine to turn off the conversion when there is only one minus signed number in a cell.

0 votes
Mia Gao December 18, 2019

Just manually convert them. Don't be lazy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events