Automation of MySQL DB

Gautam April 4, 2017

We are trying to automate the mysql db connection and have a confluence.cfg.xml file generated by doing setup initially with mysql. When I try to use the same confluence.cfg.xml file for another setup it gives error.

rk feature for hibernate bridge mode; org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute query; bad SQL grammar []; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'ConfluenceDB.BANDANA' doesn't exist
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute query; bad SQL grammar []; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'ConfluenceDB.BANDANA' doesn't exist
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:273)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:280)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniHandle(CompletableFuture.java:824)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniHandleStage(CompletableFuture.java:834)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.handle(CompletableFuture.java:2155)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.handle(CompletableFuture.java:110)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.concurrency.CompletionStageUtils.foldResult(CompletionStageUtils.java:19)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.SynchronousExternalCache.get(SynchronousExternalCache.java:236)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceCachingBandanaPersister.retrieve(ConfluenceCachingBandanaPersister.java:78)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceCachingBandanaPersister.retrieve(ConfluenceCachingBandanaPersister.java:71)
at com.atlassian.bandana.DefaultBandanaManager.getValue(DefaultBandanaManager.java:32)
at com.atlassian.bandana.DefaultBandanaManager.getValue(DefaultBandanaManager.java:24)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.settings.DefaultDarkFeaturesManager.getSiteEnabledFeatures(DefaultDarkFeaturesManager.java:60)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.settings.DefaultDarkFeaturesManager.getDarkFeatures(DefaultDarkFeaturesManager.java:98)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor192.invoke(Unknown Source)

1 answer

0 votes
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

You don't describe the state of confluence you want to automate, thus I assume a running server.

The message indicates that the connection is fine, though you haven't created/migrated/imported sql tables. Your automation should take care of exporting sql data and reimporting

Gautam April 4, 2017

The running server is a new installation which I have configured with MySQL. I have taken the confluence.cfg.xml from this installation and putting it in a new installation. My assumption is confluence will create the tables required and start the server. There are no user specific data as it is a new installation.

Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

Your assumption is wrong as per exception, the tables and required data are not re-generated. You need to somehow import the default data there.

I'd say create a brand new installatio, export the sql and import the dump during the automation process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events