Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically move a page

aaron wideen February 28, 2013

Is there a way to automatically move a page upon publishing? either it be a macro or a URL.

I am trying to do a work around with a problem I am running into and have my pages set up as so: a macro creates a page based off template in a different space then where the macro is housed. When the user saves the page I would like the page to automatically be moved to another space.

I tried watching the redirects confluence does when moving a page via firebug but couldnt find a URL that would be manipulated to move a page. I could use this in conjunction with the redirect macro and have the page automatically be moved.

I've also tried looking for a macro to copy or move the page but am not having any luck.

Any input will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron

1 answer

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2013

Hello Aaron,

Natively in Confluence is not possible to perform this kind of change in the way that the page is published to make an automatic redirection to another space (this is hard-coded), but what could be done here would be a customization to adjust the page publishing/creation in order to achieve this goal. To work with customizations in Confluence the best option is our Atlassian Experts, you can contact them by the following:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Kind Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events