Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically created categories

Andrew Nickols January 27, 2015

I'm new to confluence so bear with me.

Is it possible to create an automatically populated year/month/day (exactly how the blog categories are created) for standard pages based on a date I create the page?

4 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

I see. When you create a page you want the left hand navigation to have the pages categorized by year -> month -> day. There is no way to do that automatically with the cloud version. You'll need to do it manually.

If you are programatically inclined you might be able to do it with the REST API.

Andrew Nickols January 28, 2015

I'm not currently but I'm a quick learner... Thanks.

0 votes

Failing that, can you rename the existing blog?

0 votes

I don't think it's the labels. I wanted to know if you can replicate how the blog is set up. When you add a new blog page within a space it automatically adds it to the year, month and day in the side bar and if it doesn't exist it creates it in the sidebar. Can this be done when creating regular pages?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

Just to clarify, are you asking if it can a add labels to the page when it is saved with the year, month and day?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events