Automatically created categories

I'm new to confluence so bear with me.

Is it possible to create an automatically populated year/month/day (exactly how the blog categories are created) for standard pages based on a date I create the page?

4 answers

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jan 27, 2015

Just to clarify, are you asking if it can a add labels to the page when it is saved with the year, month and day?

I don't think it's the labels. I wanted to know if you can replicate how the blog is set up. When you add a new blog page within a space it automatically adds it to the year, month and day in the side bar and if it doesn't exist it creates it in the sidebar. Can this be done when creating regular pages?

Failing that, can you rename the existing blog?

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jan 27, 2015

I see. When you create a page you want the left hand navigation to have the pages categorized by year -> month -> day. There is no way to do that automatically with the cloud version. You'll need to do it manually.

If you are programatically inclined you might be able to do it with the REST API.

I'm not currently but I'm a quick learner... Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,788 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you