Automatically copy the side-tree

matthiaskailabch February 21, 2019

Hi there,

i would like to have a function in my space-blueprint-plugin that automatically copies the page tree when it is created and changed. is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Matthias,

When you refer to your space blueprint, is this an add-on you created yourself, or are you referring to the default space creation in Confluence?

Can you clarify exactly what page tree you need it to copy? Are you saying you want you the space blueprint you're developing to create a set of pages automatically?

Please elaborate on what you need to do so we can best help you.

Regards,

Shannon

matthiaskailabch February 22, 2019

Hi @Shannon S

what I mean is that when I create a new space, that space copies the side tree from the main room( another normal room) .
I hope I explain it better now.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Matthias,

I'm not sure what you mean by room. However, when you create a space it will not create any pages besides the default homepage.

If you need to create a page tree on the fly, you might want to take a look at the available add-ons on Marketplace.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions about it.

Regards,

Shannon

matthiaskailabch February 22, 2019

Hi @Shannon S

Room was my fault, I mean a space. I'm trying to give you an example. My main space has a page tree with 3 pages and I create a new space with my space-blueprint, the space should copy the page tree from the main space.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2019

Matthias,

Thank you for confirming. Blueprints are a set of templates, and each template can be used to create a specific page type. However, a Blueprint cannot be used to create a set of pages, which is what you are trying to do.

I believe your request is related to this feature request, if you want to have a look:

As a workaround, you can manually copy a page and all of its children after a space has been created.

To copy a page and all its child pages:

1. Go to the page and choose   > Copy.
  2. Choose a Location for the new pages.
  3. Select Include child pages.
  4. Use the options provided to customize your new page titles. 
  5. You can add a prefix, replace a keyword or phrase in existing titles, or both. The preview will give you a good idea of what your new page hierarchy will look like, and warn you if there are any problems.   
  6. Deselect any items you do not want to copy over (attached files, labels, restrictions)
  7. Hit Copy.

You'll find a link to your newly copied pages in the copy complete message. 

Note: It's not possible to selectively copy multiple pages. You will be copying the entire hierarchy.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events