Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic insertion of JIRA links into Confluence does not work

Christa Deiwiks August 24, 2016

We are using Confluence for the specification of requirements, and JIRA for the software development.

In Confluence, I have a table of user stories, for which I want to create JIRA issues and have the links to the issues automatically inserted into the table. Recently, I managed to do that by highlighting the title of the user story, choose "Create JIRA issue", and filling out the necessary input fields. The JIRA issue would then be created, and the link would be inserted into the table cell of the title.

Today, however, the automatic insertion of the JIRA link into the table cell does not work anymore. I get a warning that the link could not be inserted but can be added manually by the JIRA-issue macro later. THis is the case with both single and batch creation of issues. The JIRA issue itself is created correctly. 

Does anyone know a reason why this would stop working all of a sudden? Confluence permissions definitely did not change. To add all JIRA links manually to the confluence page is a bit of a pain...

Thank you in advance for all ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Christa,

Check the Application link from Confluence to JIRA. Recreate it if required.

-Ravi

Christa Deiwiks August 25, 2016

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your help. I am not an administrator, that's why I can't really check on the application link. What I found out, however, is that the whole issue generation and link insertion works fine with text (marked to be used as title for the JIRA issue) that is NOT a link (in Confluence) at the same time! If the text, which I mark, is a link, I get this error message and the JIRA link insertion does not work. I could reproduce it a couple of times.

Cheers

Christa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events