Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic email sent after editing a page

Pamela Jones January 18, 2017

I would like to know what triggers the sending of emails when I update a page.

Why only some users receive the email.

Can I stop this from happening? 

3 answers

1 vote
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

It first depends on what settings each User has applied for email notifications - and there are two types of notifications as instantaneous and daily

they each need to click the menu next to their icon/picture top right > select Watches

At the bottom of the Watches screen is the email settings - if everything is tuned off they get nothing

assuming things are tuned on then they may also want to set their personal Watches per page or per Space - e.g. on the Home page of a Space, click the watch icon top right to select how to watch

Then the last thing is the person editing the page may choose to disable Notification on the edits (but daily updates would still be sent)

0 votes
Beate Kriener January 18, 2017

Hi Pamela,

at the bottom of the page in the editor is a checkbox with something like "notify viewers". Remove  the check mark and no mails should be sent.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Only watchers will receive email about page update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events