Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Page Labeling

Christian Vogel April 26, 2016

Is it possible to add Labels on pages automatically for example setting the Page Name as a label?

6 answers

1 vote
Tiffany Nicole Finks February 13, 2020

This is how I did it:

• Create a template. Inside your template insert a Page Properties macro. 
• Inside the Page Properties macro body insert a two column table. 
In the left column list your 'key'. The ‘key’ will be the column heading in the report table.
• In the right column insert a Get-Metadata macro. Use the ‘key’ from the right column in the Name field of the Get-Metadata macro. 
• Save your template. Using Comala Document Management, create a script. To make your any page title populate as a label:

{trigger:pagecreated}
               {set-label:@key@}
          {trigger}

To have the page dynamically update the label if the page name changes:

{trigger:pageupdated}
               {set-label:@key@}
          {trigger}

robert_fassold March 24, 2022

What is the Key?

1 vote
Christian Vogel April 27, 2016

Thx for your answer, Michael. I know how to work with templates. This is very comfortable but i have still the following question / use case...

For example: In a Space i have three sections: Applications, Governance, Test. In each section we have meeting minutes:

• Space Home
    • Application
      • appl meeting minutes --> label: amm
    • Governance
      • gov meeting minutes --> label: gmm
    • Test
      • test meeting minutes --> label: tmm

To create a new meeting minute i press the button to create a new page using a template. Every page created by using this template has the same labels automatically. I don't want to use three different templates. I just wanna use one template and the label should be used depending on the top sites: application, governance, test...

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

Have a look at Blueprints or Confluence Blueprints ...

0 votes
Christian Vogel April 29, 2016

How can i create dialoques like this one (how to article) ? This is what i like to have for my meeting minutes smile

Unbenannt.PNG

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

You can achieve this easily with the Create Page Macro.

Christian Vogel April 29, 2016

OK, thx. I'm going to check this Plugin.

0 votes
Michael Rieger (Scandio) April 26, 2016

I don't know of any way to set such dynamic data as label.

However you can add labels "automatically" by defining a template and add those labels to the template. Each page based on the template will "inherit" the according labels.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events