Auto-archive content in Confluence

Is there a way to require all content created within Confluence to expire/archive in a set period of time (say, six months)? The problem that I've seen with many internal tools is that a lot of content is created, but with newer information coming to light, sometimes the content that is being replaced stays on the site. I would love to have a way where if User A uploads a datasheet on January 1st, they would be prompted to either "renew" the content (thus confirming that it's still relevant and it should still be kept live) or (if nothing is done), it would expire and be archived.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer
Davin Studer Community Champion Apr 16, 2014

There is a plugin (paid) for archiving.

Archiving Plugin for Confluence

Davin Studer Community Champion Apr 20, 2014

Is this what you are looking for?

Davin Studer Community Champion Jul 22, 2014

Feel free to mark the question as answered. :)

Hello! We have recently made a free plug Power Scripts for Confluence which you can download from the Marketplace to help automate Confluence administration, one of the features is auto archiving. Here's a short video on how to do it https://youtu.be/lkLUBTgPoIY 

Hope this helps!

Michele

Thanks, I'll take a look at it to see if it fits our needs. Based on the description, it looks like it does.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,553 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you