cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Hello,

I can't login in my confluence. I changed DNS and now, it is not working.

The error that appears is:

ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-7] [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] authenticateUser Directory 'JIRA Server' is not functional during authentication of

Could you help me?

Best regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

Hello @Juan José Marchal Gómez ! As I understand, your server DNS address has changed and now it can not reach the authentication service that was previously being used with it.

Thee error excerpt you shared tells us that Confluence is currently unable to communicate with Jira for proper authentication. You can try to login as the Confluence Local administrator and then reconfigure Jira for user management in Confluence. You will need to take the new settings you change in consideration for this to work.

If you have no internal administrator account in Confluence, you will need to create a new one. Here is our documentation on how to do so:

Internal users are the users who are stored within Confluence itself. They do not rely on external user management tools to be functional. Here is our documentation on the internal directory of Confluence:

[Confluence Server] Configuring the Internal Directory

I hope this leads you into a solution for your situation! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events