Attempting a manual backup results in site lockup

Deleted user July 14, 2014

I am attempting to initiate a manual backup of the entire Confluence site in order to perform a data refresh to a test site. I have verified the manual backup flag as being set to true in the confluence.cfg.xml file and so should be ready to go there. However, when attempting to perform said backup, CPU usage on the server spikes to nearly 100%, and then the entire site become unresponsive and seems to never recover. I understand that backups can be CPU or memory intensive, but I was unaware this could result in the entire site locking up. Has anyone else come across this issue previously, or perhaps have some insight into what should be examined to allow for a backup to complete? I have read through the logs and seen the occassional OutOfMemory error, but nothing during an actual backup being processed. In fact, the logs seem to halt when initiating the backup operation, leaving me with little to go on to troubleshoot.

Any insight would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2014

Hi Robert,

I believe the article below may help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Cannot+Create+XML+Backup+Due+to+OutOfMemory+Errors

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events