Attachments macro cuts off file names

Natalie Grant April 10, 2013

Is there any way to reveal the entire file name? Or at least more of it? The attachments macro is displaying the list of attachments with very few characters in the title/name and then cutting them off with ellipses. But there is plenty of white space left over. So essentially I have a cut-off name that's indiscernable and an entire page-width leftover. Any ideas on how I could fix this? Thanks!

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

I believe this has to do with this bug:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22002

I'm not sure if you are facing the same there. If you are, please comment on the bug report or read through the developers comments.

All the best.

Natalie Grant April 16, 2013

But this solution does not apply to OnDemand, correct?

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

I believe you can, go to <tt>Confluence Admin >> Stylesheet</tt>. and add the workaround there.

Jon Verville June 24, 2013

No, this does not fix the issue yet. Atlassian has not fixed it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22002

1 vote
Bruno Romero April 16, 2013

The fix CONF 22002 increases the column width somewhat but the attachment with long file name is truncated and have an ellipsis.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2014

Attachment-table macro from the Table Plugin for Confluence might help. It is available for both OnDemand and Download.

0 votes
Jon Verville June 24, 2013

See this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22002 Atlassian still has not fixed this!!!!

0 votes
Robert Krueger May 30, 2013

We are having the same issue with the file list blueprint making it virtually unusable. Is there a separate Jira issue for this?

0 votes
Bruno Romero April 11, 2013

Have the same issue.

After implementing the proposed fix CONF 22002 do I need to restart Confluence service?

Thanks,

Bruno

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2013

Shouldn't be. However you could try to clear your browser cache just in case it's still adopting the default stylesheet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events