cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments macro - Commands are not working, System Error

Andreas Gounaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

In an effort to simplify a page for HR admins that will be used to upload/download attachments, I have used the attachments macro.

Since I have documents related to 3 areas, I used three instances of the attachments macro and each one displays attachments hosted in another page in the space. This is done using the macro parameter Page Title.

The upload and download actions are working fine. However, non of the commands (Properties, View, Edit in office (for such files) or Remove works. It seems that the path to the attachment is not valid. I see exceptions (System Error page) mentioning a NullPointerException or a Page Not Fount when executing the View command.

When doing this from the page that hosts the attachments, it does fine.

Note that the hosting pages are stored in the root of the space cause they shouldn't be browsed from a non-privileged user.

Could you please help?

2 answers

2 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi Andreas,

Have this ever worked before? If the path seems invalid, can you check that your Server Base URL in Confluence Admin > General Configuration matches the URL you're using to access Confluence?

Your full logs would also help to shed some light to this issue, so you might want to create a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com with your logs so we can assist you further.

Cheers.

Andreas Gounaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

I've opened a ticket, the human answer plus the one came from Hercules system is the same: umlaut characters in the URL.

This is not the case however, the file name is in pure latin, the file can be downloaded normally if you click on it. Commands however are not working, except if you do that in the original page that hosts them.

0 votes
Andreas Gounaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012
I wonder if somebody else is using the attachment macro the way I do, cause it doesn't work for me. All file names are clean, char set is in UTF8, don't know what else to try except keeping the attachments in the same page with the macro. I'll try an update to latest version hoping that the problem will be solved!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events