Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment workflow query

Ishtiaque Omar May 20, 2012

Hi,

We use Confluence as the software for our intranet. We're trying to set up a section as the Knowledge Bank. It's expected to capture mainly Word and PDF files. For our many non-techy users, we were hoping to set up a workflow that allows them to create a page, specify details of the doc they're updating and upload the doc. We are finding that last step difficult to fit into a structured workflow.

We have set up a template with a prompt for the page name, and fields that the user can fill in for document details, but when it gets to uploading the document we are relying on placeholder text that directs the user to use the Add > Attachment functionality. What I'd like to do is to have the {attachments} macro show up after the user has saved her page (which itself contains a prompt to attach files), or have a link to attach a document in the fill in fields stage (though I understand that isn't possible until the page has been saved - creating a page ID).

I attach some screenshots of how we have the functionality set up at the moment.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers, Ish

1 answer

0 votes
Ishtiaque Omar May 20, 2012

Whoops, looks like I can't attach screenshots. n/m.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events