Atlassian Companion plugin won't find the "Edit with" application

Kim Damsgaard August 8, 2019

When I click on the "Edit with" button for editing for example a document with word, the companion app just loads, but newer returns the application (word), so I cannot edit the document in Confluence.

What to do?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Hi Kim,

I found some similar cases and the issue is caused by the local network or system configuration.
With that said, there are some settings that you can change and check in order to try to fix the issue.

First, let's check if this is not related to a bug, where the workaround is to add "atlassian-domain-for-localhost-connections-only.com" to the proxy exception list for the Atlassian Companion app to work. You can find the details here.

Please, make sure to whitelist our IPs and domains: Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains

Another thing that may cause this issue is the system time, so please check if the time on your machine is correctly synced with a time server.

Also, uninstall and install Atlassian Companion again, so it will install the latest version where this issue should not happen.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Kim Damsgaard August 13, 2019

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Atlassian Companion so I am on the latest version.

Now it won't launch. When I click on edit with it either wan't me to download it or "waiting for Companion to start".

As far as I can see Atlassian Companion is runing.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Can you check the version and share with us?
Also, have you checked the other three causes of this issue?
Please, whitelist the domains and IPs, follow the steps of the workaround for the bug and confirm if the system time on your machine is correctly synced with a time server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events