Atlassian Cloud Supported Browsers - Plans for adding TV browsers?

MinKu_Yeo November 16, 2017

Hi, I use Confluence Cloud. As described in this link, the Atlassian team is doing a great job of supporting numerous browsers.

About extending this support, web browsers in TV products have caught my curiosity.
Recently, LG has announced the webOS 3.5.
Referring a demo video, the web browser in TV products seem to be improved a lot.

My team has thought about monitoring the Confluence or JIRA dashboard page with the LG TV 49UJ701V, which supports webOS 3.5.
With this browser, I don't have to connect an extra computer to the TV to monitor the status.

However, we are not sure whether the Cloud products are compatible the webOS 3.5.

So my question is this;

Will Atlassian Cloud products be browsed smoothly with the webOS 3.5.?
This might seem to be a silly question. However, I have swallow knowledge related to web compatibility. So I wish for your understanding.

Also, does Atlassian have plans to test cloud products (mainly JIRA, JIRA service desk, Confluence) on webOS or other TV web browsers?

In my humble opinion, think it will be terrific to browse Atlassian Cloud web pages with a single TV.

-Best Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

Atlassian have no plans to test every variant browser in the world, they stick to the main browsers (plus that thing people should only use to download proper browsers, as some people really are stuck with it)

Atlassian try to stick to web standards rather than supporting specific browsers, and then test with the most commonly used browsers that claim to be close to standards.  What matters for browsers is mostly the engines they are based on, rather than the specific browser.  The WebOS browser uses webkit as do Safari and Opera, so I'd expect it to be accidentally covered by their testing on those browsers.

For what it's worth, I've got a John Lewis TV with WebOS on it, and Confluence and Jira work quite well, both server and Cloud.  It's a bit slow, compared with a laptop, but all the browsing on it is slow, so I don't think it's the Atlassian stuff that's at fault.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events