Atlassian Cloud - Space blueprints across updates?

Deleted user October 19, 2016

I'm looking into setting up templates for use by a team that uses Atlassian Cloud.

The default blueprints are close to the desired layout, but we'd like to customise them slightly. Not much change just adding a couple of fields and headings. 

I have read through the documentation, but cannot find specific answers to the following questions...

If we customise the blueprints in a Space, and Atlassian enhance the blueprints in a release, what happens to the customisations and visibility of the standard blueprints?

Do the customisations remain in place in the relevant Space? (My hope!)

If so, is there a way to see the new default? (New Space?)

Would the blueprint change to the new default if it were reset? 

1 answer

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

Hi Kate,

You can Edit the existing ones and they will not revert  after an upgrade. Though personally I would suggest copying a template and making it visible for a space or make it global so all can use the template.

This will also cover you if an admin decided to reset the template back to default.  As you will lose the customisations against the template though any change to a page that has used a template in the past will not be effected and will retain its structure and data.

PS. Are you Kate from AFC? 

Darren

Deleted user October 25, 2016

Thanks Darren,

The challenge in Confluence Cloud is that you cannot make templates global and you are restricted to the Atlassian supplied plugins, which replace template uploads as it's Confluence 5+. 

If my reading of the documentation is correct, templates (ones that can be used by everyone in the space) are effectively limited to customised blueprints, or DIY templates, set up per space, by space admin, without Template Ops, which is limiting. Particularly if an organisation wants to restrict space admin access and the person editing the templates isn't a space admin. This is the situation we currently have - I'm looking into what is feasible and how which is the reason for the original questions. Server based approaches will not help us unfortunately - I'm looking for answers that are specific to Atlassian Cloud.

Oh, and I'm not from AFC.

Rgds,

Kate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events