Are there post domain verification restrictions?

Before enabling domain verification, can Atlassian answer the question of, are there any restrictions inherent in this, for example?:

-Can you still access a "Domain verified" Confluence Cloud instance from outside the domain?

-Use Confluence Mobile to access the "Domain verified" Confluence Cloud instance from outside the domain?

-Change a password or edit accounts for a "Domain verified" Confluence Cloud instance from outside the domain?

-Any other restrictions?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Allan,

1. Yes, it is possible to have users with both verified domains and other domains.
  2. You can login to Confluence Mobile with any user from the instance, both using a verified domain and not.
  3. It depends what you mean by "edit accounts" for this. If you have a managed domain, as the administrator, you're only able to manage the accounts (e.g. passwords) of the verified domain. Otherwise they're just going to work like regular Atlassian ID accounts.

I hope this is clear, but let me know if you have any questions?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Shannon,

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure *I* was clear.

If user "jdoe@mycompany.com" has an account on an Atlassian cloud instance at "example1.atlassian.net," jdoe can access example1.atlassian.net from any location with internet access (work, home, school, public wi-fi, etc...).

If user "jdoe@mycompany.com" has an account on an Atlassian cloud instance at "example1.atlassian.net" with a verified domain "mycompany," can user jdoe still:

-Access the cloud instance from anywhere?

-Access the cloud instance with Confluence Mobile from anywhere?

-Administer user accounts from anywhere?

Or does jdoe need to access the cloud instance from within the verified domain?

Thanks!

Allan,

The verified domain doesn't control where you can access the instance. 

If this is something you want to be able to control then I would recommend that you vote on this issue, which asks that administrators are able to control an IP whitelist of the IP addresses that can access the domain:

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

439 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you