Are there any plans to make the Composition add-on available for Atlasssian Cloud?

Chris Walk July 31, 2015

I love Atlasssian Cloud, but I love the Composition add-on from ServiceRocket even more.  

Are there any plans to make the Composition add-on from ServiceRocket available for Atlasssian Cloud?

Why is this add-on not available?  Was this an Atlasssian decision or a ServiceRocket decision.

Not being able to use this add-on has me reconsidering my investment in Atlasssian Cloud.  I'd like to know the direction and timing so that I can make the best decision here.

Thanks,

A happy (and yet frustrated) customer

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2015

Unlikely.

I can't speak for who makes the decision - Atlassian Cloud need to commit to supporting a type 2 addon on Cloud, and ServiceRocket would have to jump through all the hoops to persuade Atlassian to support it.  I have no idea about that conversation!

But, at this year's AtlasCamp, Atlassian made it quite clear that Connect addons are the future, and there was a strong implication that no more "type 2" addons are going to be added to Cloud.  At a glance, Composition (like the addons I've written) relies too much on parts of the API that are not (yet) available to Connect addons.  I do not know if ServiceRocket are intending to make a Connect version of Composition though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events