Are attached files still downloaded when they are no longer referenced from a page?

Ira Philip January 17, 2020

Are attached files still downloaded when a user browses to a page if those files are no longer accessed by links from the page  I am trying to decide whether I need to delete these old attachments to avoid unnecessary downloads to the a user's system. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

@Ira Philip 

Yes, the users will be able to access attachments by clicking on the attachment icon even though they don't have a link on the page.

Ira Philip January 18, 2020

Thanks.  I understand that the attachments can be accessed from the icon.  But are they pre-downloaded when the page is loaded or are they only downloaded when the attachment is explicitly accessed.

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2020

They are downloaded from the media store when the attachment is explicitly accessed.

Ira Philip January 19, 2020

Thank you.  That is exactly what I needed to know.

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2020

You are welcome @Ira Philip 

If you have no further questions, please accept the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events