Archived pages don't remain restricted

Malin Rathjen January 7, 2022

Hi there, 

I saw that article (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Do-archived-Confluence-pages-remain-restricted/qaq-p/1743012) that says that archived pages in confluence will keep their restrictions. 

In out space that is not the case. If I archive my pages that are only visible for me, they get visible for all in the archive. 

So are there any settings I have to change so that archived pages will keep their restriction? We already use an extra 'Archive' -Page where we manually add the pages we want to archive, so that they keep their restrictions. But from my point of view it should be possible or would be more usable to have that function in the 'Archived Pages'. 

Thanks for your help!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

@Malin Rathjen - @Jack Brickey pointed you  to the right place. This might be what is tripping you up, and why your team has the practice of first moving a page before archiving. 

Before archiving a page, be sure to check if it has inherited permissions. If it does, then the page is relying on one of its parent pages to control who can view and you might be exposing it to a wider audience by archiving it. To avoid this, set view restrictions on the page you’re archiving.

Malin Rathjen January 7, 2022

@Jack Brickey  @Andy Gladstone thanks a lot, I was missing that information. Everything is clear now! Thanks!

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

What are you doing exactly? Can you give a step by step guide to reproduce the problem with a newly created page?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2022

Hi @Malin Rathjen , please refer to this article - Confluence-archive-pages I think it does a good job of explaining the feature and "accessibility" details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events