Archive blog posts

I'm looking for a way to archive blog posts. I want all of my blog posts to expire within a set time and date, but I haven't found any ways to make this possible.

Is this something Confluence supports?

3 answers

Hi Rolf.

There's a third-party plugin that seems to be helpful for your need: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.confluence.plugin.archiving

I've heard good things about it in here: http://www.kikamaca.com/2011/08/managing-content-in-confluence-archiving-and-retention-policies/

Hope it helps!

Rolf, if you need this feature in the Archiving Plugin, please vote on the feature request.

(We use these votes when setting up the road map for the plugin.)

Thanks. We've already tested the archiving plugin and unfortunately it only supports archiving pages and not blog posts. From the second link:

Incidentally, blog posts cannot be archived either, but those are usually temporary content entities to begin with. Still, maybe old news should disappear from production to reduce clutter and keep search results relevant.

Due to the fact that blog posts are searchable we would like to remove old blog posts and doing this manually takes a lot of time.

Is there any other way to archive or delete blog posts automatically?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

259 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you