Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply a customized HTML Editor to a Specific Template and/or a Specific Space

gael vigouroux July 17, 2014

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to apply a customized HTML Editor to a specific Template and/or Space.

I already created a specific template and would like a customized HTML editor to be assigned to this specific template (if not possible, maybe on the entire template). I mean by customized, to add a dropdown menu containing styles already defined for a word/sentence and remove some button that we are not using. By this way I want to strictly control the style of the our documents.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards.

Gaël

1 answer

0 votes
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2014

Hi there,

To edit a decorator file:

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Look and Feel on the sidebar.
  2. Choose Layout (Layout is displayed only if you are a Confluence system administrator.)
  3. You will see a list of the layouts for the space.
    • Click View Default to view the vmd file.
    • Click Create Custom to edit the default vmd file. This will open up the vmd file in edit mode.
      Make changes and click Update.

If your space uses the Documentation theme:

1. ChooseBrowse>Space Adminat the top of the screen.
    Note:The 'Space Admin' option appears only if you are a space administrator for the space or you are a super user (a member of the confluence-administratorsgroup).
  2. ChooseLayoutin the left-hand panel (Layout is displayed only if you are a Confluence system administrator.)
  3. You will see a list of the layouts for the space.
    • Click View Default to view the vmd file.
    • Click Create Custom to edit the default vmd file. This will open up the vmd file in edit mode.
      Make changes and click Update

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Space+Layouts

Editing Custom Decorators

To edit Confluence decorators you will need a good knowledge of HTML, and some understanding of the Velocity templating language.

To edit a decorator:

1. Go to Confluence Admin > Layouts.
  2. Choose Create Custom beside the decorator you wish to edit.
  3. Save your changes.

If you make a mistake or want to undo your changes, choose Reset Default beside the edited decorator.

Alternatively, the custom templates are stored in the DECORATOR table in the database. If you have somehow managed to render Confluence completely unuseable through editing your templates, delete the relevant entries from the DECORATOR table.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Custom+Decorator+Templates

Hope these help :)

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events