Application navigator is gone

Deleted user March 3, 2015

Hey there, I just reconnected JIRA and Confluence and now the application navigator in Confluence is gone. In JIRA everything is fine but the navigator do not show up in Confluence.

I had some troubles because I changed the URLs of JIRA and Confluence and so I had to reconnect them.

When I try to manually put the links in the navigator in Confluence a warning message comes up and tells me to contact my admin.

Any idea? Is this a known problem?

image2015-3-9 17:25:17.png

2 answers

2 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hey Lars,

Well, this button should show up once the application links is configured indeed. Since it's not showing on Confluence, can you please double check the configuration on your Confluence Admin panel > Application Navigator?

In case your JIRA instance is not showing there, you might want to add it on that section.

Otherwise please check your logs for any errors related to application links or application navigator.

I hope it helps.

Eduardo

Deleted user March 4, 2015

Hey Eduardo, thanks for your answer! Unfortunately it did not help. My Confluence Application Navigator is empty (besides Confluence). As I understand the links should be there automatically after connecting the applications like I did? I also cannot manually add applications. Confluence comes up with a warning message always like "Your changes were not saved. Please contact your administrator." Where can I get those log files?

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hey Lars, they are located under your <confluence-home-directory>/logs, called atlassian-confluence.log. Please, see this documentation in case you don't know where this directory is located: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Home+and+other+important+directories

Deleted user March 9, 2015

Hey @Eduardo Mallmann, there is nothing in the logs. I attached a screenshot. Both application are linked, only the Navigator itself is not working. Any further ideas?

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2015

Hey Lars, In this case I'd recommend you to raise a ticket on our support channel. First, try to add the application navigator once again and then generate a Support Zip on your Confluence and attach it to the ticket you raise, so we can check settings and logs. Eduardo

1 vote
Tom Dold November 14, 2016

Hi @Lars Böhnke,

I have been having the same problem for a while now. I've found that either restarting confluence fixes it or starting JIRA first and then confluence once JIRA has loaded also seems to work.

I'd be interested to know what Atlassian did for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Michael Schreiber December 30, 2018

In my case the application navigator was missing on the Jira system dashboard.

Restarting Jira and then Confluence service fixed it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events