Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider' plugin has timed out

Shravan P February 11, 2014

I upgraded Confluence from 5.1 to 5.4.2 and I see the following exception:

2014-02-12 01:39:41,565 ERROR [Timer-6] [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] fail Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.auth.OAuthRequestVerifierFactory)] (from bean [&oAuthRequestVerifierFactory])

org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin' has timed out

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)

2014-02-12 01:39:41,566 ERROR [Timer-6] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] logAndClearOustandingDependencies Never resolved service '&oAuthRequestVerifierFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.auth.OAuthRequestVerifierFactory)

2014-02-12 01:39:41,567 ERROR [Timer-6] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] onPluginContainerFailed Unable to start the plugin container for plugin com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider

org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin' has timed out

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)

2014-02-12 01:39:41,567 ERROR [Timer-6] [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] onOsgiApplicationEvent Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))

I didnt have this issue in 5.1

1. increase the timeout value for the plugin to 300 seconds
Comments: adding timeout of 300 sec didnt work
2. enable the Shared Access Layer
Comments: the query select * from BANDANA where BANDANAKEY='plugin.manager.state.Map'
returns:
"<map>
<entry>
<string>com.atlassian.confluence.whatsnew:show-whats-new-flag</string>
<boolean>true</boolean>
</entry>
</map>"
3. permanent generation memory
Comments: It is set to 1024m
4. delete the plugin caches
Comments: done
I still see the same exception in the log file. And yes, I have restarted confluence after doing these changes. I also see that the system add on "Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin" has been disabled with no option/button to enable it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

This turns out to be a bug which has been reported here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32397. The fix is incorporated in v5.4.3 release.

Shravan P February 11, 2014

I dont see links to download 5.4.3. When is it going to be released? Does this issue exist in 5.4.1? We are on 5.1 and we have plans to upgrade our poduction instance to the latest version. If the issue doesnt exist in 5.4.1, we will upgrade to it. Please let me know.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

I can confirm that the issue does not happen in 5.4.1 - just in 5.4.2 so you may proceed with the upgrade to 5.4.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events