It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Append the import of a Word document to an existing page

Is there any way to have the import of a Word document appended to an existing page?

Normal behaviour when importing a Word document is, that the content of a page is replaced.

I would like to have the Word content appended to the page, so that the previous content isn't lost.

Using Word as attachment is not an option...

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Apr 26, 2012

Hi,

I think, this is not possible. We use a workaround:

• Import the document as a new Page
  • Copy and paste the new Page to the old page

It's not very smart, but it works ;-)

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks for your reply! But I want to avoid such workarounds, as too many users will work with confluence.

For the moment we're using this workaround. Hope there will be a better solution sometime.

Why not import the document (creating a new page in the process) then use the include macro to append the content into your existing page.

Start out with CharlesH suggestion, then include a standard-usermacro into your pages "if exist child with name "xxx", {include xxx}"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Server & Data Center 7.0 is here!

Hello Community 👋🏼 I’m Makisa, a product manager on Confluence Server and Data Center. Confluence Server & Data Center 7.0, our latest platform release, is now available and we wanted to shar...

157 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you