Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Link: "No response was received from the URL you entered"

Mohammad Inamullah May 7, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to link Confluence Cloud with my application for OAuth. When I enter the server name, and click "Create new link", I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.49.51 PM.png

Why am I getting this? How can I setup up my server so I do not have to manually configure the consumer key/name and public key? I am running Apache Tomcat on the server.

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
deepu December 20, 2018

Hello Mohammad,

Did you find a solution for this? I am getting the same error too

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2015

Hello Mohammad,

I cannot resolve https://dev.hadroserver.com so please make sure the same is available/accessible before attempting on setting up application link.

$ whois dev.hadroserver.com
Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for "DEV.HADROSERVER.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 08 May 2015 13:50:44 GMT <<<

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2015

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for your question.

• The application must be accessible via either port 80 or 443 .
  • If you want to use SSL, you must use a valid certificate (not a self-signed certificate).

Please, refer to Linking to server applications from your cloud instance documentation for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Mohammad Inamullah May 8, 2015

Hello Rafael, thanks for the answer. I had seen that in the Confluence cloud documentation. I can confirm that I have port 443 open (port 80 is shutdown), and I have a valid SSL issued by an issuing authority. So I was surprised that I got the error. I'm guessing I need some sort of manifest file or something else for Confluence cloud to pull in the consumer key/name and public key; I don't want to have to do this manually. Any thoughts on how I can go about this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events