Anyway to add a link to hidden text?

Kelley Bennett May 17, 2022

I have been tasked with adding a long, LONG list of contact names and information.  I don't want to create a scrolling monster... I thought I might be able to break it up by team and make several smaller lists, and have the lists (each in a table) appear as expanding text, so they are hidden until you click the link.  However, it appears that you can't include a table in expanding text.  Or at least I have been unable to do that successfully.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to just create a link to a page that only shows up via that link.  Is this possible? I know how to link to other pages, but is there a way to hide those pages?

OR.. if anyone else has an idea - one that does not include purchasing a plug in or tool (there's now way I would get permission to purchase something for this one issue), please share - I would love to see it.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

@Kelley Bennett welcome to Confluence Cloud!

Why not create a parent page that each individual page (which includes a smaller list) nests under, and on the parent page use the Page Tree Macro. This will give you a single landing page with simple navigation to the desired page embedded in it. You can also add a search box to that page in case someone wants to search for a specific contact, but does not know exactly what page they are listed on.

What do you think?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@Kelley Bennett so glad to assist, and hope this worked out for you!

Please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future.

Thank you.

0 votes
Kelley Bennett May 17, 2022

I don't know what a Page Tree Macro is, but I'm going to look it up and see! :-)

THANK YOU!  I very much appreciate your input... for now, I've each list on a separate page and linked them from a parent... so hopefully, that's a good foundation to do more... especially if the Page Tree thing is even more efficient! 

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events