Anyone using Bunchball, Bageville, or Badgr in JIRA and/or Confluence?

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

The company I work for is considering implementing gamification, and I'd like to hear any feedback if you've implemented/integrated either Bunchball or Badgeville. It's also not beyond possibility that I may take the Badgr sourcecode and update it to work with Confluence and/or JIRA if the folks holding the purse strings have sticker shock.

Thanks,

Jim

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul May 5, 2013

Hi Jim,

I run Support and our customer community at Badgeville. We get requests for a Jira/Confluence connector frequently. We haven't delivered a packaged solution yet, I think, because technical teams use and support these systems and they can quickly integrate directly with our platform using both our REST API and JS library.

For example, you can embed an HTML macro in a Confluence page and then include our JS code to display visualizations.

Limitations apply if you are using Atlassian On Demand. For example, the useful links Rajat kindly provided above don't pertain to their On Demand solution.

Seems like this is for an internal project. Is that correct?

We've done some great work designing effective solutions for organizations like Deloitte that need consultants to share best practices internally and provide feedback on proposed solutions. Technology is just one part of the solution. I'd encourage you to make sure you have an effective strategy around design as well.

Send mail to paul at badgeville.com and I'll get the right team assigned to start your education.

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

Thanks Paul,

I'm sorry for not responding sooner -- I've been wearing a different hat for a while. This is for an internal project, but it's been put on the backburner for now. Thanks so much!

1 vote
Rajat Paharia May 5, 2013

Hi Jim -

We haven't built a turnkey JIRA integration, but the question about JIRA integration did come up a few months ago. Our typical integration pattern requires:

• A way to get real-time event data out
  • A way to put UX elements in
  • A way to include our JavaScript library into pages to show real-time feedback
  • [optional] If there's a newsfeed or activity stream, a way to post into it.

From my quick scan of the JIRA docs, it looked like this would be straightforward - here are some of the relevant links I found:

Ping me if you'd like me to connect you or someone on your team with one of our local sales directors.

best, - rajat

rajat <-AT-> bunchball

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

Thanks Rajat,

I'm sorry for not responding sooner -- I've been wearing a different hat for a while. Looking into developing those kinds of plugins is a great idea. Thanks so much!

1 vote
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

You can take a look at this project as well:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.madgnome.jira.plugins.jirachievements

It looks like it has not been updated in awhile, but if you are looking at rolling your own, it could give you some ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events