Anyone get the GraphQL error when adding a Label on a page

Mark Burgess December 29, 2020

Trying to add a lable to a page for use as a Knowledge Article. I often get this error. GraphQL error: Unexpected HTTP status: 500. Image below. GraphQL error image.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2020

Hello Mark,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The error that you are facing appears to be a known bug where if we click on "Add" without any text on the dialogue or without clicking on the "Create" label first, it will show the GraphQL error.

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates.

For new labels, please, make sure to click on Create "label-name" first.

Screen Recording 2020-12-30 at 01.46.03 PM.gif

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

If this is only happening when assigning labels and you do not have any specific App that manages labels than this would be an indicator something on Jira Cloud backends would be wrong.
In case the error persists this is something Atlassian support should look into.
It's a bit tricky as you are on a Free plan that is only entitled to Community support but this kind of annoying error should get sorted out.

Is it still happening now?

Hayrullah Yasar June 16, 2022

For me yes I encounter to as of Jun 2022

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2022

Sorry to hear there is still an issue, @Hayrullah Yasar 
The initial problems the user reported seem to have been fixed some time ago for Confluence Cloud but it is unclear which product you are referring to.
In case this should be still a problem, I would suggest you describe the issue in a new thread here in Community or contact Atlassian Support.

Hayrullah Yasar August 15, 2022

Thank you for your response. the product is Confluence Cloud. 

I have just tried it again now I did not encounter. Maybe it is resolved already.

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2020

Hi @Mark Burgess 

Welcome to Community! Have you looked at the developer console to see where the GraphQL error is pointing to? That will give us a much clearer indication of what's going wrong. Moreover, using a HTTP analyser would be more effective to diagnose the problem in this situation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events