It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Any workaround for external images in pdf export

Gourrierec Vincent Dec 15, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Confluence Pages and Spaces to PDF

Hi,

Only image attachments that have been inserted into a page are included when exporting to PDF.

is there any chance or workaround to export external images in pdf export ?

We're using Confluence 5.6.3 and use a few dynamic external images that i was wondering to be exported in confluence pdf export.

thanks in advance.

vincent

3 answers

1 vote
Sven Hafner Mar 03, 2016

I have the same problem with the cloud/hosted version. Just tested, it wont export external images from gliffy.

Sven

0 votes
Rodrigo Adami Atlassian Team Dec 29, 2015

Hi Vincent,

In the latest Confluence version 5.9.x I've tested this functionality and it works. I was able to insert a image from another website as a link and when I exported to a PDF it retrieved the image in the file.

I recommend to upgrade Confluence to the latest versions in order to achieve this functionality.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Gourrierec Vincent Jan 03, 2016

Hi Rodrigo thanks for feedback i will test confluence upgrade soon and check external image link pdf export.

Regards.

Vincent

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

936 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you