Any way to tell when a page was last viewed?

Damen Knight November 12, 2012

One of the things we'd like to do with our confluence instance (which is getting quite large) is find the pages that are old and that noone visits and clean them out. Unfortunately, I havent been able to figure out any way to tell when a page was last viewed. It seems like this sort of information must be in the system somewhere. Does anyone know of a macro or plugin that would make it accessible? Or failing that, how I would access the information directly from the DB or elsewhere so I could write something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2012

Hi Damen,

have a look at the tracking plugin from customware (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.tracking)

This plugin counts the hits of each page, so you can find out, which pages are not visited. It can also give you the value of the last visit.

Cheers

Thomas

Damen Knight November 12, 2012

that looks perfect, thank you kindly!

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Archiving Plugin tracks Confluence page views just for the very same purpose you mentioned. We built this plugin to find the pages that are not viewed by anyone in a configurable period, and also those that are not updated by anyone in another period.

You can set up flexible rules and be auto-notified when the plugin finds pages that match these criteria (see the screenshot).

Even better, the plugin can actually do the "clean them out" part instead of you. Instead of permanently deleting the old pages (which may not be a good idea), it can move them to archive spaces.

See the full user manual

notification-email-not-viewed.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events