Any way to show contents of different space with pagetree macro?

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

According to this bug:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/PGTR-94

You can't show the contents of a difference space in a pagetree, but I was wondering if anyone had a workaround short of fixing and then recompiling the plugin (assuming the source is available).

matthew horn

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

I have tried a workaround in the past where I created pages in the current space that includes pages from other spaces using page include macro.

The content in this case will be maintained in a single place but is available in both the spaces - including in the page tree of both spaces. Not sure if it will work for you or not!

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2012

Hah! I just thought of trying that. Thanks, guys, I'll give it a whirl.

The way my site is structured, is that every "area" of the site (like Documentation, What's New, Samples, and Tutorials) has a separate space for a landing page and a content space. We do this because the landing pages are highly customized mix of HTML and CSS.

The results are stunning (if I do say so myself), but issues like this are real setbacks if not worked around.

matthew horn

0 votes
Jeff Sanders April 3, 2014

Brilliant. A quick and easy fix. Thanks!

0 votes
Betsy Ostrander
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2012

We did something similar. I have a page named LocalSearch in each space (use Browse Pages then add your page here, so that it is not under the root of the home page). This page just includes the pagetree macro.

So instead of using the pagetree macro, use the IncludePage macro specifying the spacekey of the space you want to search, and the LocalSearch page that you made.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2012

Tried it and it works great. Thanks again!

matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events