cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to restrict changing page name

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

Probably a unique situation here....

I have a Confluence space which the pages are "linked" to Components in a Jira project. There's no physical link, just the page name and component name are identical. I have a ScriptRunner script that relies on the two being the same. 

Users need to edit the pages in the Confluence space, but I don't want them to change the name of the pages (they've been instructed not to, but you know users). 

Anyway to block users from changing the page name, but still allow them to edit the page

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

In a word, no. If you can edit a page, you can change the title. That is why an actual link is better because it will redirect if there is a change.

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2020

That's what I thought. Didn't know if anyone had written a script or something that would do that..... ;)

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

You might be able to do that with JavaScript, Just the problem might be when you create a new page and need to provide a title.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events